We have partnered with Shutterstock to grant exclusive access to a range of their products to students. Shutterstock helps creative professionals from all backgrounds and businesses of all sizes produce their best work with incredible content and innovative tools, all on one platform. Working with its growing community of over 900,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 290 million images and more than 15 million video clips available.
Terms and Conditions
1. The promoter is: Lecture in Progress Limited, 21 Downham Road, London, N1 5AA.
2. By submitting a competition entry, you confirm that you have read and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and the terms and conditions of use of Shutterstock® assets here.
How to enter
3. To enter the competition, you will need to create a free account with www.shutterstock.com by reading and agreeing to their terms and conditions and following the sign up process for a free account. Your entry should incorporate Shutterstock® assets in a piece of your University coursework or project. Entries should be submitted via a google form available at https://forms.gle/kenAm7PuKs2c... by the Closing Date. Include a brief statement detailing:
(a) Which Shutterstock® assets are included in the project;
(b) The tools/techniques/skills you used; and
(c) The purpose/story/message behind the work.
4. To qualify no stock assets from any brands that may be competitive to Shutterstock® should be included in your entry.
5. The competition opens at 12pm GMT on 29 October 2019 and closes at 12pm GMT on 10 January 2020(the “Closing Date”) inclusive. Entries received after this are automatically disqualified.
6. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary, but internet access is required.
7. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt of entry to the competition.
8. Competition entries will be judged by a panel of three judges selected by the Promoter. Winners will be selected on the basis of creative use of assets and demonstration of technique. The decision of the panel of judges (acting reasonably) will be final. A list of names of the judges can be viewed at the offices of the Promoter set out in paragraph 1 from the Closing Date for a period of 14 days.
9. Entrants must be UK residents aged 18 years or over and must not be employees of the Promoter or Shutterstock, Inc. (“Shutterstock”) or their affiliate companies, their families and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
10. In entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition.
11. Only one entry allowed per person. Entries submitted on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted.
12. The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize competition.
13. The prizes available are:
• A 13-inch MacBook Air worth £1,099 (1 available)
• A Wacom Intuos Pro 13.2” Graphics Tablet worth £329 (4 available)
• A GoPro7 Silver worth £199.99 (5 available)
• A LaCie 2TB hard drive worth £100 (10 available)
14. Prizes are subject to availability, non-exchangeable, on-transferable and there is no cash alternative and the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equal or greater value.
15. The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
16. Winners will be notified by the e-mail address they used to enter requesting that they share their name and postal address for the prize. If a winner fails to claim the prize by response within five working days of this notification, the promoter may offer the prize to the next eligible entry from the remaining valid entries to select a new winner. If any winner declines a prize or fails to respond within the required period, they forfeit any right to the prize. Please allow 28 days for delivery of the Prize from the date of claiming prize.
17. A list of the surname and county of major prize winners will be sent to anyone who sends a stamped addressed envelope to the Promoter at the address set out at 1 above within 28 days of the Closing Date. If you object to any or all of your surname, county and winning entry being published or made available, please contact the Promoter by e-mail at [email protected] The Promoter must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
18. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, Shutterstock, their agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Intellectual property rights
19. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for any infringement of any third-party intellectual property rights caused by entrants entering this prize draw.
20. You agree that the Promoter and Shutterstock may, but is not required to, make your entry available on their respective websites and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the competition. You agree to grant the Promoter and Shutterstock a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the competition entry, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the competition entry and any accompanying materials for such purposes.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so or exclude you where it believes there has been a breach of these terms and conditions.
23. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.