World Illustration Awards Assistant
The Association of Illustrators (AOI)
World Illustration Awards Assistant
Post: 2 days per week between May – September 2023
Based: London office/remote
Reporting to: Awards Manager and Awards Coordinator
We are seeking a friendly, organised and efficient Assistant to join our energetic team, in making the World Illustration Awards 2023 the best yet!
The World Illustration Awards are a respected, globally recognised awards scheme for professional and new talent illustrators. Attracting commissioners, agents and illustrators alike, and receiving entries from across 80 countries each year.
The AOI has grown the Awards continuously since their inception in 2015. We now need additional help with the administration of the Awards, supporting our existing team during this exciting growth period.
This varied role will include administration of entries, supporting our promotion activities on social media and via newsletters, helping to plan the touring exhibition, and supporting the delivery of the showcase and online awards evening.
We expect this role to be 2 days per week but due to the nature of the project some flexibility will be needed, with extra days required at busy times such as around the awards night.
Role Responsibilities include:
Administration duties, assisting with:
- General assistance with all administrative aspects of running the award.
- Updating of databases and spreadsheets relating to the Awards.
- Management of awards data and images.
- Helping to organise and plan events, webinars and meet ups.
- Compiling reporting information for sponsors and partners.
Marketing tasks, assisting with:
- Ensuring that information on AOI website is accurate and up to date.
- Drafting and scheduling monthly awards newsletters.
- Keeping WIA’s mailing lists up to date.
- Contributing to an active presence on social media for WIA.
- Posting all longlisted and shortlisted projects to the WIA’s Instagram Account.
- Compiling and distributing images and press releases to media outlets.
Showcase, Catalogue, Awards Night and Touring Exhibition, assisting with:
- Requesting, organising and compiling digital content for the showcase.
- Requesting, organising and checking information and content for the catalogue.
- Assisting with the planning and delivery of the virtual awards night event.
- Preparing and managing guest lists for events.
- Preparing addresses and data for the catalogue mailout, sending trophies and certificates
- Compiling and distributing touring exhibition information to partners, and potential partners.
- Posting of trophies and certificates
- Assisting with events during the awards programme such as meetups and webinars.
We are ideally looking for someone with:
- Great organisational skills and an ability to prioritise tasks
- Excellent written communication skills • Great attention to detail
- A confident and friendly telephone manner
- The ability to manage large quantities of data in excel
- Experience of using social media and scheduling platforms for a global project
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a small team
- Confidence in using Office 365 applications, Filemaker Pro (or a similar database package), and ideally experience of Wordpress, Mailchimp, and Adobe Photoshop, with training provided if needed.
- An enthusiastic, can-do attitude
- A commitment to contributing to the core values of the AOI Desirable
- Experience of supporting an awards process • Experience of artist/illustrator liaison
- A keen interest in visual communication and illustration
How To Apply
Please send a CV and covering letter to Sabine Reimer (Awards Manager) [email protected]
Deadline: Monday, 3rd April 2023
The AOI believes in diversity and equality. We especially welcome applicants who are underrepresented within the illustration industry and want to build a team with a diverse range of perspectives, backgrounds and skills. We know that in diversity is strength and we look forward to hearing from all interested applicants