The Student View (STEP)
The Student View is a media literacy charity that trains young people how to spot misinformation and as local news reporters. We want every child to have a high-quality media literacy education so that they can thrive in society and have their voice heard in things that matter to them.
We are looking for a Creative Assistant to join us at The Student View, within our Social Media & Marketing team. You will be reporting directly to our Executive Director and Social Media Consultant, and be working on a host of cool and exciting content. The right candidate will have hands-on experience with social media design across channels such as Instagram, YouTube, Tik Tok, and commercial experience working as part of a team. This person will also spend a percentage of their time at events, doing photography/videography, so this experience is essential.
STEP is a training programme for young East Londoners local to the Olympic Park, who are ready to bring ideas, creative energy and perspectives to the creative and cultural sector.
You must be;
- Aged 18 to 30
- Resident of Hackney, Newham, Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest and have attended school or college in these boroughs
Through STEP, you’ll get paid London Living Wage over a 12-month training programme to develop a range of skills and creative approaches and build on your network across different organisations or departments. You’ll complete a work-based placement, grow as part of a peer network, take part in regular professional development workshops, and get a budget to produce a collaborative project. We’ll also connect you with a specialist industry mentor, provide careers coaching and continue to offer support as part of our community after the programme.
Skills and Experience:
- Creative ideas
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent Time Management Skills
- Experience in using Google Drive/Workspace applications i.e., Google Sheets
- Experience in creative platforms such as Canva would be desirable
- Experience in Social Media/Marketing
- Work with TSV on Marketing, Social media and storytelling
- Work with TSV department leads on creative briefs
- Research trends and scope
- Work on content with TSV Fellows for socials, web and blog
- Support the maintenance of the TSV Brand Guidelines
How To Apply
Complete our STEP application form by 10am on Friday 31 March, you can upload video or audio responses