Immediate Theatre Production Assistant - Voices of Change
Immediate Theatre (STEP)
Immediate Theatre works closely with local organisations and community groups to create performances which engage people in the process of change. Our purpose is to involve communities in creative prokects that inspire wellbeingm break down barriers and engage people in the process of personal and social change. We use theatre and the arts to help people engage with issues and concerns. The term “immediate” implying the “right here” on your doorstep and the “right now” of what is happening today. We believe that the arts have an intrinsic role to play in society and should not be restricted within institutions, but happening everywhere.
The post holder will support the Producer and volunteers with recording and documenting oral histories, editing material for heritage features and creating additional interviews and features for a monthly podcast. We are looking for an individual with audio and digital media skills and the flexibility, energy and enthusiasm to master a range of new skills.
STEP is a training programme for young East Londoners local to the Olympic Park, who are ready to bring ideas, creative energy and perspectives to the creative and cultural sector.
You must be;
- Aged 18 to 30
- Resident of Hackney, Newham, Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest and have attended school or college in these boroughs
Through STEP, you’ll get paid London Living Wage over a 12-month training
programme to develop a range of skills and creative approaches and build on your network
across different organisations or departments. You’ll complete a work-based placement,
grow as part of a peer network, take part in regular professional development workshops,
and get a budget to produce a collaborative project. We’ll also connect you with a specialist
industry mentor, provide careers coaching and continue to offer support as part of our
community after the programme.
- To work closely with the team to help research, plan and facilitate the production of podcasts
- To assist with the editing and recording of content using appropriate editing programmes (training provided)
- To assist with scheduling, record keeping, marketing and administrative duties
- To work with the Volunteer Coordinator to carry out outreach and development work to engage new listeners and contributors for the work
- To attend and contribute to project and company meetings and take part in training, supervision and company development activities as required
- To integrate anti-discriminatory practice into all aspects of work with the company and promote equality
- The post holder is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
How To Apply
Complete our STEP application form by 10am on Friday 31 March, you can upload video or audio responses.