The HudsonBec Group (STEP)
The HudsonBec Group exists to enable creativity to thrive. The group supports a series of beautifully structured companies that share a purpose, a set of values, a studio space and above all, a belief in the power of creativity. Companies in the group include It’s Nice That, Anyways, Creative Lives in Progress and If You Could Jobs.
We are seeking an HR Assistant to provide effective HR support across all businesses within the HudsonBec Group. This is a great role for someone who is keen to pursue a career in Human Resources and learn from exposure from a wide range of HR activities.
STEP is a training programme for young East Londoners local to the Olympic Park, who are ready to bring ideas, creative energy and perspectives to the creative and cultural sector.
You must be;
- Aged 18 to 30
- Resident of Hackney, Newham, Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest and have attended school or college in these boroughs
Through STEP, you’ll get paid London Living Wage over a 12-month training programme to develop a range of skills and creative approaches and build on your network across different organisations or departments. You’ll complete a work-based placement, grow as part of a peer network, take part in regular professional development workshops, and get a budget to produce a collaborative project. We’ll also connect you with a specialist industry mentor, provide careers coaching and continue to offer support as part of our community after the programme.
- Assisting with all HR administrative duties as and when required, including, the processing of starters, leavers, employee benefits and other tasks of a similar nature.
- Updating & maintaining accurate records on the HR Information system.
- Coordinating and administering recruitment and selection activities including liaising closely with hiring managers and applicants and managing the Application Tracking System.
- Draft a variety of communications such as contracts of employment, probation outcome letters, letters of offer, reference request etc.
- Take ownership of handling basic HR queries and escalating complex issues to Senior HR Manager.
- Assist with payroll and pension administration.
- Help with producing reports and analytics using HR Information systems. • Support Senior HR Manager with a range of projects and initiatives as required.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple responsibilities.
- Strong communication skills, paired with the ability to work closely with staff at all levels.
- Have a team-player attitude, and can be entrusted to handle confidential and sensitive information.
How To Apply
Complete our STEP application form by 10am on Friday 31 March, you can upload video or audio responses.
Application Form: https://www.anewdirection.org.uk/training-cpd/step-7