The Reader Organisation
This is a new role in the organisation to help The Reader further develop its use of digital services to further our mission of transforming lives through the power of literature. Over the last 4 years, The Reader has invested in its digital transformation and the pandemic was a catalyst for innovation; we launched a new website; a new event ticketing system; an online community hub for our volunteers. We rolled out a new CRM to staff, we digitised our volunteer training and we started online Shared Reading groups for the first time.
We now wish to build on this work through the creation of this role in order to further enhance and embed our digital services. Perhaps you’ve been a Business Analyst or Product Owner in the corporate sector and want more variety or a chance to use your digital skills for social impact? Perhaps you’ve worked in a bigger digital team or agency and are keen to develop leadership skills or are ready to take more leadership responsibility and see things end to end? Whatever your background, we can offer flexible working and a chance to join a values-driven, ambitious team.
It’s a great time to join, with multiple projects on the horizon for and the opportunity to lead the development of our longer term digital plans.
What else can we offer you?
Flexible Working Options including home working
A chance to personally experience the wellbeing benefits of Shared Reading – we do lots of reading in the workplace and you’ll have the opportunity to visit our community groups and train in Shared Reading if you’d like to lead one yourself
Generous holiday entitlement
Beautiful Head Office location at Calderstones Mansion House, in the middle of Calderstones Park. Here you can benefit from walking meetings in one of Liverpool’s largest parks and staff discounts in our café and ice cream parlour
Great colleagues – As The Reader’s Digital Manager, you’ll be the digital lead in the organisation, but you’ll be working with a whole range of supportive, creative colleagues who bring insight into our digital products and their users. This will include the Head of Shared Reading Practice, Teaching and Learning Content Manager, Head of Monitoring and Evaluation, Data and Training Lead, the IT Team, Development team and the Programmes Manager.
- You will lead a range of projects (with our initial focus on our Word-press sites), taking responsibility for defining scope, defining user groups and desired outcomes
- You’ll be able to translate organisational need into functional requirements, showing initiative and creativity to understand goals, think through solutions and inspire colleagues to work out the ‘how’.
- You’ll be responsible for building on our digital roadmap and you’ll have the autonomy to provide recommendations for how our digital work can be developed in the short, medium and longer term
- You will be the day to day manager of our digital agency partner and responsible for maintaining an effective relationship, overseeing retained support and maintenance work and ensuring digital projects are delivered on time and on budget
- You’ll have experience working in an agile way and using a range of tools to articulate project roadmaps, to prioritise and keep stakeholders regularly updated, egs; Kanban style tools
- You’ll be interested in data and comfortable using a range of tools including Google Analytics, to better understand our online engagement and proactively spot opportunities for improvements and enhancements to meet our users’ needs
- You will be required to work cross-departmentally, using your facilitation skills to bring cross-organisational teams together on digital projects, distil ideas, coordinating input, whilst managing expectations.
- You will coordinate and chair the internal digital working group to keep an overview of all connected work across web projects, CRM and IT and produce regular reports for Directors Group
- A passion for The Reader’s mission and an understanding of the power of Shared Reading
- Strong organisational skills – ability to manage multiple projects, prioritise work and resources effectively, defining clear KPI’s and realistic roadmaps
- A confident communicator with strong influencing skills who builds relationships with colleagues from all areas of the organisation and can translate technical language to a non-expert audience
- Experience of Agile working and using project management tools to manage multiple projects
- Analytical skills – you’ll enjoy using data and insights to come up with creative solutions
- Excellent understanding of the digital landscape and a range of tools, specifically Wordpress, Google Analytics, Survey Monkey, CRM
- An understanding of user experience, user-led design to ensure our Reader community is at the heart of how we design and develop our services
- Confident to offer challenge and openness to be challenged
- Strategic thinker – ability to grasp organisational strategy and ability to leading thinking on how technology can further overarching business aims
- Experience of managing relationships with internal developer teams, IT Teams and third party agencies, including managing a Support Backlog
- Good understanding of data compliance and relevant policies, including GDPR, CookiesGood
- Excellent facilitation skills to lead meetings, facilitate creative sessions and support decision-making
- Excellent people skills in order to bring stakeholders together around a shared vision aligned to strategic objectives to ensure our products and services meet user needs and organisational goals.
- Proactive and ambitious for achieving high quality work and our future digital ambitions
- Agile / project management certification
- Experience of working with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Experience of working on CRM projects
- Experience of working on Arts Council England reporting
How To Apply
Please visit https://www.thereader.org.uk/job/digital-manager/ to view a full job description and download our application form.
Please send completed application forms to [email protected] before 9am, Monday 12th June 2023.