Programme Administrator – Black Business Incubator
Somerset House Trust
About Somerset House
Somerset House is the home of cultural innovators, sitting at the meeting point of artistic and social practice. We host the UK’s largest and most exciting creative community right in the heart of London.
We welcome 3 million annual visitors to share our unique combination of cultural events, the creative industries and history. It is this mix that informs and powers our programme and our organisational culture, making us a singular, compelling and inclusive place to visit and work.
Somerset House pursues a spirit of ‘Step Inside, Think Outside’ for everyone, regardless of age, stage or background. It is a place to escape the comfort zone in the safest way. It freshens minds, eyes and the world at large.
Somerset House is actively anti-racist, you can read about our Anti-Racism Pledge and the action we’re taking here. We are working hard to ensure our people, our onsite community and our sector reflect, represent and include all of society. Somerset House Trust is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to championing equality, diversity and inclusion in our workplace, so if you’re a suitably qualified applicant we encourage your application whatever your age, disability, gender, gender identity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation or socio-economic background.
About the Role
The Black Business Incubator is co-produced with Mentor Black Business and sponsored by Morgan Stanley. The 12-Month programme provides participants with access to free workspace at Somerset House, mentoring, workshops and other support. This programme aims to address the underrepresentation of Black-led businesses in the creative sector as well as diversifying Somerset Houses’ creative community further.
There are currently 15 businesses on the programme on Cohort 3, which runs until the end of September 2023 and we are in the process of recruiting 25 businesses for Cohort 4 which starts in June 2023 and we will be recruiting a further 25 businesses for cohort 5 later in the year.
We are seeking a Programme Administrator for our Black Business Incubator programme. This is a multiple cohort, 12-month programme providing early-stage, Black-led, creative businesses, and social enterprises with support to take their idea to the next level. You will be the assisting with the delivery of the programme, from recruitment of participants, to day to day delivery and final evaluation.
- Administrative support, including data and CRM management, updating operational systems and procedures, optimising information flow and reporting.
- Support in planning, producing, and delivering the BBI member events, masterclasses, and showcases
- Maintain effective and accurate financial record keeping and assist with preparing budgets and financial reports
- Contribute to monitoring, evaluation, and reporting on the BBI progress and project activities
- Assist with marketing and PR content for the programme’s promotion and outreach including collecting members journeys and success stories
- Build positive relationships with members to identify their needs and expectations, proactively gathering information to ensure continuous improvement of service
- Coordinate members’ onboarding and exit plans, and manage relationships with BBI alumni
- Lead on member communications including the delivery of internal BBI strategies whilst contributing to wider SH community objectives.
- Facilitate 1 to 1 introductions and focused group initiatives
- Provide front of house services to members
We are looking for someone who has:
- Administrative role working in a fast-paced environment or on projects with a quick turn-around
- Demonstrable success of planning and delivering programmes and small-scale events
- Successful project management and achieving targets and objectives
- Track record of accurate budgeting, bookkeeping, or financial management
- Building and establishing successful relationships with various key stakeholders
- Working in the creative industry and/or with small businesses and entrepreneurs
- Knowledge about small business administration would be a plus
- Strong project administration skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders
Contract Type: Fixed-term (until 31 March 2027), Part-time (22.5 hours, 3 days per week)
Salary: £25,400 per annum (pro rata), plus 8% pension employer contributions
Application Deadline: Monday 12 June, 10.00
How To Apply
To be redirected to our application form and for further information about the employee benefits at Somerset House Trust visit: https://www.somersethouse.org.uk/jobs