Artist Administrator (Art Agency)
Purpose of the Role:
We are seeking an enthusiastic and detail-oriented Artist Administrator to join our team at Artiq. As an integral part of the Artist & Partnerships department, you will be responsible for managing and maintaining our artist database, ensuring accurate data entry and reporting.
Your research skills will be utilised to actively seek out and network with emerging and mid-career artists, expanding our roster. You will also assist in planning and delivering various Artiq events, support marketing efforts, and provide administrative support to the A&P Manager. Strong communication, administrative, and written skills, combined with a passion for art history, are highly desirable for this role.
Artist database management (online catalogue)
- Manage and maintain Artiq's artist database, including daily data entry of artists and artworks, ensuring that all relevant information is accurately inputted and reported to the A&P Manager.
- Support the A&P Manager in the signing process including following up with artists and ensuring they provide all relevant information.
- Work with the Operations department to oversee the stocklist of incoming and outgoing artworks, both online and in storage.
- Assist A&P Manager on the upkeep of artists’ mailing list by uploading and editing contact details to relevant platform.
- Rewrite artists' statements and biographies to ensure that Artiq's voice is represented.
- Proactively audit and update Artiq's online catalogue to ensure it is up to date and accurate.
- Actively research and network with emerging and mid-career artists and studios, attending industry events and exhibitions to grow Artiq’s roster of artists.
- Actively research online for potential new signings and report to A&P Manager weekly.
- Advise the Sales and Curatorial team on relevant awards, exhibitions, and events regarding Artiq artists.
- Assist in the planning and delivery of Artiq events, including Quarterly Artists’ Drinks, The Graduate Art Prize, Queer Frontiers, Clients’ events, and company-wide events.
- Support the A&P team in delivering the quarterly Artist Newsletter by helping with content building and artists' communication.
- Support A&P and Marketing teams with Artiq’s Journal (website) by writing articles and carrying out interviews with artists.
- Provide monthly artist content for Artiq's social media platforms.
- Research catalogue artists' exhibitions and events to share.
- Support A&M Manager in scheduling artists calls & studios visits.
- Attend artists calls & studio visits as required by the A&P Manager.
- Ensure smooth communication with artists, archives, and galleries.
- Be an ambassador for Artiq, raising our profile in the art and creative industries.
- Provide administrative support to the Artist & Partnership Manager in delivering on artist and partnership targets.
- Demonstrate commercial awareness in all aspects of the role.
- Develop sound business processes, systems, and record-keeping practices.
- Drive efficiencies and find cost-savings and innovations wherever possible.
- Always maintain the confidentiality and integrity of the company.
How To Apply
Please send your CV and a short cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line 'Artist Administrator'.
is committed to equality of opportunity for all and encourages applications
from individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief.