Job Type: Full-time, permanent
If you’re a motivated and experienced UX designer and would love to be part of a team creating and delivering excellent software and web projects, then we’d love to speak to you.
We’re at an exciting stage of our development as a company. We have a strong reputation in Scotland for delivering great work and a client base that provides us with a range of challenging and meaningful projects. We have a brilliant team of designers and developers who want to push further and increase the quality of our work and are looking for a dedicated UX designer to help us achieve that.
At Daysix, we are a passionate, talented, down-to-earth team who believe in making good things, pushing ourselves to do our best work, all in a spirit of collaboration. We create films, apps, websites and brands for a broad range of companies and clients.
About you and the role
We are looking for someone who loves to get really close to the problems and understand the challenges and opportunities, in order to create great design solutions and user experiences for our projects. Someone who gets a kick out of translating client requirements and research into effective designs, collaborating with developers and designers to bring them to life.
You will be involved in requirements gathering, inputting into the design phase, shaping the approach to projects and learning to configure projects within build and deployment systems.
At Daysix we are proud of our people-first culture and are committed to the training and development of our team members ensuring that there will be opportunities for you to grow and develop in this role.
You will be passionate about building great user experiences, an enthusiastic learner who works well in a team. Driven to grow as both a developer and a wider problem solver.
The technical stuff
- Must be able to demonstrate experience as an UX Designer or similar role and provide a strong portfolio showcasing UX work
- Proactive in gathering all necessary user research in order to inform the project
- Produce high-quality UX design solutions through wireframes, visual and graphic designs, flow diagrams, storyboards, site maps, and prototypes
- Experience of delivering UX design systems
- Be highly driven and focused on taking ownership of the delivery of targets
- Prioritise projects, communicate progress, and deliver on time
- Experience in UX tools (XD, Figma, Invision)
- Experience in Adobe Creative suite
- Eye for detail and the ability to develop an in depth understanding of users’ needs
- Understanding of development processes and practices and experience of working with a development team
- Exceptional communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and react quickly in an evolving and fast paced environment.
- Experience of agile working
What we offer
35 hr week with the option to compress hours - Full time hours are 35 with core operating hours of Monday - Thursday 9.30-4. Many of our team use this flexibility to regularly take Fridays off.
Hybrid and flexible working - we don’t encourage fully remote working and expect our team to be able to travel into the office a couple of days a week, however each case is considered individually and we are always happy to chat.
Enhanced annual leave - 30 days annual leave pro rata. We don’t recognise bank holidays so you’re free to use the 30 days when suits you. On top of your 30 day allowance we close the office between Christmas and New Year allowing additional days off for all of the team.
Professional development budget - we’re committed to continuous learning and development opportunities, dedicated budget for developing our people as you would expect in our people first culture.
Values-led team culture - Our values are really important to us and want them to be lived out in the day to day of the company not tucked away in a folder somewhere.
How To Apply
If you’re interested…
Please apply through our website: https://www.daysix.co/about/careers/
If you’d like more information or to ask any questions you can email us at [email protected]
Closing date for applications: Will process applications as we receive them