This is a new and exciting 12 month internship opportunity, which will allow the successful candidate is to train alongside our Creative Pattern Cutting team based in our Nottingham Head Office. You will be trained to develop knowledge and skills that will support and assist both the Men’s and Women’s Pattern Cutters.
As part of your application, we would like you to submit a short portfolio (maximum 10 pages) detailing your pattern cutting work and experience. This should be added as a link which is available for 4 weeks in the application form, unfortunately we cannot accept PDF versions.
Please note this is an office based role and unfortunately cannot be completed remotely.
• Assisting with patterns to meet both the design & technical requirements and to meet the set deadlines in the critical path.
• To observe and learn to solve any problems that arise with the patterns during or after the use in factories and during the mock- up of the toiles by the sample machinists.
• Attend fitting sessions and assist with accurate notes relating to pattern alterations.
• To be trained to following fitting details prior to grading and to meet the grading deadlines.
• Learn to assist the Grading team as and when required to do so.
• Learn all pattern cutting systems and procedures.
• Train in all aspects of computer pattern cutting.
• Undertake any work required in the preparation for the selling shows.
Essential Experience and Skills Required:
• Pattern cutting training or experience in an educational or work environment.
• It is desirable to have grading and computer pattern cutting knowledge, in both woven and non-woven garments.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, Coral Draw, and Illustrator.
• Working knowledge of garment construction.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to work methodically and accurately with excellent problem-solving skills.
• Able to learn new skills and techniques quickly, with meticulous attention to detail when following design specifications.
• Self-motivated and organised with good prioritisation to work to set deadlines.
• Able to build effective working relationships to work as a team and independently when required.
• Strong numerical aptitude.
• Enthusiastic, committed, and hardworking.
Please note, this role is not eligible for sponsorship in the Skilled Worker visa category.