Position: Copywriter, Maternity Cover (12 months)
Salary: £13.50 per hour / £26,325 pro rata
Working Hours: 3 days / 22.5 hours per week between Monday-Friday (9am-5.30pm)
Location: London, N16 7SX (remote/hybrid)
Start/End Date: 30/07/2022 - 28/07/2023
Who we are
Founded in London in 2000, Jackson’s offers a vast range of art materials to artists from all over the world. With our expertise and knowledge, we are committed to providing artists with the materials they need to realise their creative potential.
As a team of practicing artists, we understand that everyone’s artistic needs are different. We search globally for exciting new products from the world’s best artisan makers, and welcome new product suggestions from customers to add to our existing ranges.
Our Marketing team embrace a collaborative approach in all areas of work. Via social media, product catalogues, packaging, our website, and everything in between, we work hard to constantly innovate the way our customers experience Jackson’s brand via all touchpoints.
What you’ll do
We‘re looking for a talented copywriter to join our creative team. The ideal candidate is someone who has a passion for creating persuasive copy, knowledge of art materials and processes, a keen eye for detail, and strong leadership skills.
You will work closely with the Marketing team to oversee effective and engaging copy across all touchpoints, whilst ensuring that the tone of voice is consistently on brand. You will be responsible for the continued creation of varied copy to be used across customer facing and internal touchpoints. One day you might be writing copy for product descriptions, campaign concepts, or weekly newsletters, the next day you might be evolving the tone of voice guidelines, or proofreading blog articles.
- Responsible for the maintenance and evolution of Jackson’s tone of voice guidelines, ensuring they are up to date, and easy for other writers in the team to use and follow, ultimately ensuring Jackson’s writing is consistent across all touchpoints.
- Work with the Customer Service team to develop and hone templates to support the team in all customer facing communications.
- Copywriting for varied touchpoints including answerphone recordings, automated messaging, customer invoices, delivery information, returns and refund instructions.
- Responsible for the maintenance and evolution of website copy including homepage banners, weekly promotional messaging, service pages and T&Cs copy.
- Responsible for the maintenance and evolution of product descriptions, notably new products.
- Responsible for the maintenance and evolution of Jackson’s product guides, ensuring the information is timeless, relevant, and accessible.
- Responsible for the maintenance and evolution of weekly promotional newsletters.
- Copywriting for Jackson’s Catalogues, Materials Guides, and Gift Guide.
- Assist the Marketing team with proofreading and fact-checking when requested.
- Check for consistency, including the use of punctuation, mechanics, and technical terminology.
- Assist when needed on writing copy for Seasonal Campaigns, Advertorials, Press Releases, in-house HR Documents, Packaging, Jackson’s sub brand products, and Jackson’s annual Painting Prize competition.- Assist when needed on website curation tasks, including updating product categories, and creating and maintaining CMS pages.
- Assist when needed on updating and maintaining product data work when requested by suppliers and/or the Marketing and Customer Service team.
- A minimum of two years copywriting experience.
- Good working knowledge of Excel/Google Suite and Windows and/or Mac operating systems.
- A basic understanding of how e-commerce websites work.
- Experience of working with creatives.
- Passionate about writing, and tone of voice.
- Enthusiasm for the qualities of a vast range of art materials.
- A basic understanding of art materials.
- Creative thinker with excellent organisational and time management skills, with an ability to competently problem solve and multi-task in a fast paced environment working to tight deadlines.
- Consistently quality driven with a high level of thoroughness, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Self-driven and comfortable taking responsibility and working with a high level of autonomy.
- Naturally reliable, friendly, and keen to do the best job, with a calm, professional, and positive manner.
- Able to communicate thoughts and ideas effectively in both written and verbal formats, relaying clear instructions in order to achieve results.
- Seeks to be the best and excel in their work, with an eagerness to learn new skills.
- Keeps up to date with industry standards related to the role.
- Leads through example with a high level of empathy, with the ability to inspire and convince others.
- Exemplary admin skills.
- A developed art practice and understanding of a range of techniques.
- Previous experience of writing and/or using tone of voice guidelines.
- Previous experience of writing newsletter copy.
- Experience of working with UX/UI designers and developers.
What we offer
- Generous staff discount.
- Pension scheme.
- Hybrid remote working options, with a flexible mix of WFH days and studio workplace days.
- Opportunity to make a real impact within an independent, growing company.
- Friendly, passionate, and driven team, with a creative and collaborative studio culture.
- Salary based on experience.
- 17 days holiday per year, including bank holidays.
- Healthy snacks and drinks are provided in the studio workplace.
Please note that although we have a flexible working policy, we would like our Marketing team to work in the studio at least two days a week.