London Mozart Players (LMP) is seeking a highly organised, audience-focused and proactive Marketing & Events Coordinator to join our dynamic and close-knit team. With our concert and event diary rapidly filling up, new artistic partnerships on the horizon and Croydon’s upcoming year as the Borough of Culture in 2023, now is a very exciting time to join us.
Who we are
Don’t let our name mislead you – we don’t just play in London, and we certainly don’t just play Mozart! As well as our residencies at Fairfield Halls in Croydon, St John the Evangelist in Upper Norwood, and Opus Theatre in Hastings, we’re well known internationally for working with many of the world’s greatest conductors and soloists. We’re proud to have developed a reputation for making and playing adventurous, ambitious and accessible music, and for being at the forefront of embedding arts and culture into the life of local communities across the UK and beyond.
About this role
As Marketing & Events Coordinator, you’ll be supporting our Senior Marketing Manager Anna Bennett to roll out a new marketing strategy for the organisation, as well as supporting our Head of Artistic Planning Tegan Eldridge to monitor and evaluate the impact of our education and outreach work. Your mission is simple: to help us better understand and better serve our audiences and local communities. While Anna is primarily responsible for setting the main vision for how we market to our audiences in the future, your role is key in providing some of the data, audience insights and on-the-ground knowledge that will inform her decision making.
Who we’re looking for
We pride ourselves on being a small but mighty team; there are currently 10 of us working hard to deliver around 180 concerts and engagements per year, and the varied nature of our work means things move fairly quickly! While this role has lots of opportunity for growth, the ability to pick things up quickly and the confidence to ask questions that will help you work independently is vital.
This role will be perfect for you if you if:
- You’re eager to learn about the inner workings of a professional artistic organisation
- You enjoy having lots of variety in your work
- You love creating systems and processes that help to bring a sense of order and structure
- You enjoy speaking to customers and leading on audience engagement activities
- You’re adept at spinning lots of plates and thrive on being busy
You’ll definitely need:
- An enthusiasm for the work of the London Mozart Players and / or arts, music and culture in general
- To be very organised, with a meticulous attention to detail
- A willingness to get stuck in with different types of tasks
- The ability to work across a range of different projects and areas simultaneously
- A way with people – great relationship-building and communication skills as well as emotional intelligence and sensitivity
- A cool head, with the ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- To be highly proactive, good at anticipating needs and finding solutions to unexpected problems
- Up-to-date IT skills and confidence using various social media channels, as well as learning new systems
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
It would also be a bonus (but not essential) if you have:
- Previously worked for an arts and culture organisation
- A demonstrable interest in the arts and orchestral music
- A good knowledge of orchestral repertoire
- Experience of using the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Experience using a CRM/Box Office system
- Experience updating WordPress websites
- Experience using Google Analytics
- A personal connection to Croydon
The successful candidate will get first-hand, behind-the-scenes insights into the running of a busy and highly esteemed orchestra, making it a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking for a career in arts management, or those who are looking for something a bit different from a typical 9-5.