Are you aged 15-18 and want to take action on the next steps in your life?
Then the HeadStart Action programme is here for you!
2-3 Degrees, want to invite you to a series of free online workshops taking place over 10 weeks. It will give you the opportunity to improve your:
- Confidence: Learn practical tips during workshops to develop your confidence. Get mentoring to support you with your next steps.
- Employability skills: Meet local employers and understand how and where to look for opportunities, and the application process - including CVs, cover letters and mock interviews.
- Entrepreneurial skills: Take part in a social action project to raise money and awareness about a cause important to you
- Work experience - Participants who show commitment to the programme will get the opportunity to conduct virtual work experience!
There will be games, prizes and much more!
On the previous programme...
- 8 young people completed work experience with the Financial Times
- 6 participants received a qualification in Financial Awareness
- 94% of participants enjoyed the programme and scored it above 7/10
- All participants practiced group interviews with Citizen M and solved a business challenge
- They met the British Fencing Team, who are training for the Olympics
- All participants met over 10 people from different companies such as Facebook, Buzzfeed and Visa.
What have people said about the programme?
- "Any young person who doesn't join this programme is silly!"
- "It was very clear and very inclusive, I enjoyed the activities and how we all worked together"
This programme is for young people aged 15-18, who live, work or study in Southwark.
* This is a 10-week programme that you must be committed to throughout to receive a final prize at the end!
Online sessions running every Wednesday from 23rd June -18th August| 5:30 - 7:30pm |
Bonus**: Get Work Ready week Monday 19th - Friday 23rd July | 5:30 - 7:30pm |
(Taking place at a physical venue within Southwark, all travel and food will be covered).