About the job
Companion is a digital product design studio that partners with start-ups, brands, companies and studios to create new realities.
We aim to enhance the lives of people & the world around us by designing tools, services and products that inspire, entertain and create a better future.
Companion is as of writing less than 100 days old, but with some exciting recent project wins we are looking to expand our team on a more permanent basis at the start of 2021.
We're looking for an individual that is open to long-term contracts, with a view to going full-time within the year* (see details on our careers page). You would be our first hire 🎉, and will shape the path of our work and company culture moving forwards.
As a digital designer at Companion you would be responsible for working across the whole of our process: working closely with our clients from the initial briefing, carrying out research, creating concept designs, figuring out the information architecture, crafting the UI and working with developers to ensure our experiences feel, look and work great.
You would have a lot of freedom to work across a variety of different projects and have daily contact with other team members that you can grow and shape the company alongside.
We're aiming to create a company where everyone is given the opportunity to be brave, make mistakes safely and work in a way they feel is best for them.
This role is likely a 'middleweight' role, but if you feel that this position resonates with you, please feel free to apply.
- You are curious, keen to learn and open to experimenting.
- You are collaborative, communicative and are able to review work critically.
- You have strong attention to detail and are able to manage your time effectively (with guidance).
- You are passionate about solving problems through design, creative technology and communication.
- You like to explore and create with new technologies and software.
- You have 2+ years of experience or, if less, can demonstrate your experience through a portfolio of work that demonstrates your whole digital design process.
We'd like to see a portfolio that consists of...
- Digital work (websites, products, applications, digital experiences). We are a primarily a digital company and therefore as much as we love all forms of design, we are looking for individuals that are experienced in digital design.
- A strong eye for detail, a creative flair and an eye for movement & interaction (either through animation, videos, code or prototypes).
- An understanding of the fundamentals of UX best practices and a methodical approach to problem solving.
- Demonstration that you have experience working across all parts of a digital project, not just one element (i.e all UX, no UI and vice versa).
- The work you are passionate about.